Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dakota Week 29 - First Days of School

This week was a big week for Sierra and I.  On Wednesday the 14th of Sept and Thursday the 15th of September Sierra and I started our school career!  Momma helped us to pack our backpacks.  Matchbox cars and books were the items of interest.
Then later in the morning Daddy took us to school.  Sierra's first day went really well.
 She didn't cry as Daddy and I went upstairs for the coffee hour.  I did cry a little though as we left her.  I love my little sister so much!  Her teacher said she was quiet and watched the other kids play from the spot she picked on the rug.  She made it through the entire class.
My first day of school was the next day!  I was both excited and scared.
 Like me the day before - Sierra and Dakota joined Daddy upstairs for the coffee hour.  The teacher came up and told Daddy I was doing a good job.  I didn't want to sit on the reading rug - but was listening from the table.  I stayed in class the entire time.  We went outside to the playground and I played with the toy trucks in the room.  When Daddy came back to pick me up - I wasn't ready to leave because I wanted to finish my lunch.
 After each day of school we celebrated.  Momma came and met us at Vito's for lunch - a very special treat.  She told us she was so very proud of us both.  She can't believe how quickly her little babies are growing up.

Dakota however - is looking forward to the playtime at home with Tazz and Daddy!


No comments: