Friday, November 13, 2009

More Family Fun in September

This month I have bestowed a special gift on Momma.  This month I named her, so that she no longer goes by Dadda, as everyone has gone by Dadda since I figured out how to say it.  You must admit Dadda is a very valuable word.  But I figured that Momma would like her own name.  And from her excited response, I would say that I was right.  So please meet the newly named, MomMom!

New words weren't the only excitement this month.  September also brought another trip to Sesame Place.  I expanded my horizon's again to a new ride, the hot air balloons.  I'm still not sure about theses amusement place rides, but I did have fun getting a bird's eye view of the roller coaster that was near by.  Here I am practicing my "WHEES" for when I am big enough to ride the roller coaster with Daddy.


Later in the month Grandma treated Momma, Daddy and myself to a fun day out with Thomas the Tank Engine near Lancaster.  We made a weekend of it, sleeping over at Grandma's Friday night.  Would you believe that Grandma had gotten a bed and bedrail for me.  It was very comfie!  After a good night sleep we headed out to find Thomas, I had great fun seeing all the working horses in Lancaster County on our drive.  But nothing topped getting to the train depot and seeing Thomas coming down the tracks!  Clickety-clack, Clickety-clack, Thomas the train is faster than fast!

Grandma had purchased us tickets for a ride on Thomas.  Unlike the playground at home, there were a lot of other people who wanted to share this experience with me.  I was not excited by that.  It took me about half of the ride to realize they were just focused on their own families.  Once I realized that I was able to settle down and enjoy the ride.  If Momma had only realized then how helpful my own baseball hat can be in those situations, things would have gone smoother... But after the ride I had a great time wandering around, checking out the other trains, watching Thomas come and go and even getting my picture taken with Thomas.

You might have thought that a trip to Grandma's house is all about me, but it turns out Grandma's place is pretty great for Tazz too.  Grandma found this wonderful dog park not far from her house that is BIG, grassy and has a small river running through it.  You KNOW how much Tazz likes WATER!  So after we left Thomas we collected Tazz and headed to the dog park.  Grandma and I had great fun sitting on the bench, so that I remained taller than the big dogs at the park!

No comments: