Monday, March 31, 2008

Holy Movement Batman!!

This past week has been a big one! Unfortunately Mama was stuck in New Jersey working for the weekend, so that left Dad all alone to take care of me and Tazz. All in all he did a pretty good job - we took adventures to Babies R Us, the Dog Park, over to see my friend Natalie (and Tyler and Julie of course!), and even ran Tazz in Agility on Sunday.

All that activity inspired me to start working harder on my own movements - plus I want to have all sorts of new tricks for Momma when she comes home in a couple of days.

First, I showed Dad what he was in for, by scooting around in my crib while he took a shower on Saturday morning. You really don't think he left me in this position do you?
Next, throughout the weekend, I also demonstrated that I've discovered I have these things called feet at the end of my legs! I don't quite know what they are for yet, but I'm having fun checking them out every now and then. Never know when I might need them.
I'm sure to share some of my new skills with big Sis Tazz too. She's still getting used to the fact that I can grab her when she comes in for a kiss. It really took her by surprise the time I snagged her tongue :-)
I saved the best of my tricks for Sunday and Monday though. I finally managed to roll all the way over from my back to my tummy for the first time....and the second time....and the third time. Its really quite fun, though I'm not always so happy once I get there as I don't know what to do. But I'm working on that too....

I amazed Dad on Sunday evening. Lucky for all of us that he happened to be taking a video of me at the time - you all know how rare it is for Dad to use the camera - but I'm helping him learn. This is a short clip from a three minute video he took. It won't be long before I'm chasing Tazz down the hall..

Check back next week for my new adventures. Same bat day, same bat blog.

2 comments:

natalie_r_g said...

We told you Connor was advanced!

Great Aunt Janet said...

Wow Connor, you're really on the move! AS soon as you learn to get those arms out in front there'll be no stopping you. Dad's going to be in big trouble:-) Don't forget to wish your Mom a Happy Birthday on Saturday.
Janet