Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Baptism - Wk 16

Welcome to my Baptism! This past weekend at St. Pius X in Cape Cod, MA I was Baptized into the Catholic Church. I learned that my family has quite a history at St. Pius, as it was my Great Grammy's Church and it was where Aunt Amy and Uncle Chris were married and still attend. Its likely to become my Nanny and Grampy's Church too, once they move to the Cape full time. So you see it was quite fitting that I travel across the country to be Baptized here.

For my Baptism, Momma purchased a new "boy" Baptismal outfit. The romper has shamrocks embroidered on it and gaelic crosses are on the soles of my shoes. The Irish outfit is a nod to my herritage and my first parish, St. Patrick's in San Francisco.Aunt Amy and Uncle Chris are my new Godparents. They stood with Momma and Pappa at the Baptismal bowl while the Reverend performed the ceremony. It was so nice that they invited all the attendees to gather around us, so everyone was an active participant in my Baptism.
During the ceremony they washed away the original sin that I was born with. I enjoyed the warm water on my head. I could have done without the Chrism on my chest, though.

After the Baptism everyone gathered at Nanny and Grampy's house to partake in a family feast. We served beef tenderloin, lasagna and sides. Desert was amazing too! Who knew that Nanny's kitchen could easily serve and sit over 20 people!
Momma, Pappa and I would like to say a special thanks to everyone for coming and sharing in my Baptism. It was very special to me that you were able to attend. I appreciate the time and effort it took to get to the Cape and the wonderful gifts that each of you gave me. God Bless!

No comments: