Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas Tree Hunting - Dec '09

For this Christmas Daddy suggested that instead of finding our Christmas tree at a nursery we head out to a Christmas tree farm so that we could chose our perfect tree.  Daddy has great memories of Christmas tree hunts from his childhood.  Momma didn't have to think twice about it.  Even the rain which arrived on the morning of our hunt didn't deter us. I was amazed at the number of trees and the different types we had to pick from...

While hunting trees I was sure to keep an eye out for elephants.  You all know that there is no telling where an elephant might pop up.

We didn't find any elephants during our hunt but we did find the perfect little tree.  Daddy was a trooper about laying down on the wet ground to cut it down for us.


After a trip to the ATM (note to all parents, tree farms take cash only!) we brought our special little tree home.

Momma was inspired by a number of the "fluffy" Christmas trees for this year's tree decorations.  Momma, Daddy and I created the Christmas tree monster face out of foam shapes that we covered in glue and glitter.  I had so much fun painting on the glue and shaking on the glitter.  What do you think about our final results?



No comments: